The Cobalt wireless microwave system is a unique broadcast technology providing a live-to-air microwave link for any camera without ghosting, break-up or interference at a fraction of the cost of traditional digital microwave systems.
The Cobalt system is currently being used around the world for a host of broadcasting applications, as a reliable, cost effective alternative to COFDM systems.
Cobalt uses a unique bi-directional transmission system where each packet of data is acknowledged by the receiver. This means that any lost data can be requested and resent, resulting in an extremely robust link.
- Extremely robust link
- Automatic dynamic data rate
- Automatic channel select (seeks and locks onto cleanest frequency)
- Licence exempt with up to 11 channels (4 recommended)
- Diversity antenna transmission and receiving system
- Secure encrypted transmission
- Composite in. Upgradeable to SDI
- Manual configuration via RS-232 port
|Video:||MPEG-2 standard definition,Composite / SDI,NTSC / PAL auto select|
|Data Rate:||Dynamically selects,between 4/8/14 Mb/s|
|Frequency:||5GHz Wi-Fi channels|
|Range:||Outdoors: Up to 1600ft/500m line,of sight|
|Security:||AES 128 bit encryption|
|Channel Select:||Automatic. Up to 11 usable channels,(4 recommended)|
|Power:||8-38V DC 6 Watts|
|Control:||Full manual override and configuration,via RS-232 port|
|TX Mounting:||V-Lok, Anton Bauer or no plates|
|RX Mounting:||Light stand mount, diversity antenna|